Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Author Blogs and Websites

In no particular order...
(1 ) Stephanie Meyer author of Twilight and New Moon- There's lots of fun stuff on this page. Stephanie Meyer truly made this site for the fans of her books. It's got the standard news, faq, and a biography, but it also has excerpts from upcoming projects, playlists to match the books she's already written and pictures of her and fans from her book tour. (2) Jo Rowling author of the Harry Potter Series- This website is a blast. It's visually the most creative blog I've seen. The site is an imitation of her desk, which is apparently cluttered with gum wrappers. Everything on the webpage comes straight from JKR herself, which I love. It's very personal. Not only that, but there are lots of fun hidden games. Put certain clues together from all over her site and you get rewarded with first drafts and even doodles of characters by Jo. (3) Augusten Burroughs author of Running with Scissors, Dry, Magical Thinking, Sellivision, and Possible Side Effects- Augusten Burroughs webpage mimics his books. It's hilarious. My favorite part is the blog, which, unfortunately, he only updates every couple months. (4) Meg Cabot author of the Princess Diaries Series, The Mediator Series, Avalon High, and lots more- I don't go here very often, mainly because I don't read much Meg Cabot these days, but I though I'd include it because it's a really great site. Her online diary is updated very frequently and includes pictures of Meg, which is always fun. Most of the words on the site are written by Meg- so it's a great place if your craving a laugh.

I may do a continuous series of these "Author Blogs and Websites." It's inevitable I find more authors with great sites.

No comments: