Friday, May 11, 2007

I learned a new word: Wiki

I was watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire on Wednesday night (a favorite past time of my boyfriend and I) and one of the questions was something like Which of the following is the word for a source of information that is able to be edited by it's viewers? The correct answer choice was wiki, which was also my guess. I thought wiki made sense because Wikipedia.com allows users to add, remove, or edit content. I'd always thought wiki was a made up word, but I looked it actually is Hawiian for "quick." Cool huh?
In case your eyes are as bad as mine, the circled text on the photo says, "anyone can edit."

I like these word posts. I think I'll do it again next time I hear a particularly interesting word. I'll call them utterances.

No comments: