Friday, July 27, 2007

College Visit II: ETSU

This was actually more like College Visit V, but it's only my second post about it so II seems fair. I'd written this very lame synopsis about my visit to East Tennessee University earlier this evening, but after coming back and reading it a few hours after I'd published, I realized how pointless the post was. To sum up the important parts, I loved ETSU. After our tour, mom and I spent a few hours getting lost (intentionally) so we could see the area. Johnson City was a really cool place. I'm sort of high maintenance when it comes to entertainment. There seemed to be a lot to do. The residential part of town was adorable. All the houses looked something like this:



As you can see, it's perfect for me. There were lots of flowers and yard decorations. It was very easy to imagine myself reading and writing as much as I pleased in these little homes. I want one so bad, but I'll be living on campus if I end up going to school there.

I'm looking forward to college. Shopping for schools makes me really excited to finally go. When we got to our hotel in Johnson City I created a hypothetical schedule and everything. =) It'll be interesting to learn about a particular topic (my major) in such depth instead of the basic education we get in all subjects at high school. I learn a lot in all my high school classes, but I have to take everything (math, history, science) and when I go to college I'll be able to focus on what I enjoy most (English/Journalism?).

Just because I'm a complete goof, here are the classes I'm most looking forward to: Literature of the South, Descriptive Linguistics, History of Jazz, and Photo Journalism. We'll see if I don't end up changing my mind.

In case you didn't notice, I changed WRINKLED THOUGHT's layout again. Farewell juicy green blog that hurt my eyes.

No comments: