Friday, July 20, 2007

The New York Times Spoils Deathly Hallows

The New York Times, after recieving an early copy of the newest Harry Potter book, published a review revealing plot details. I managed to avoid the review until I accidently came across some quotes through google. I'm not going to give any details, but I was very upset and closed the window as soon as I realized what I was reading. Why couldn't they had just waited till the 21st? By then all the hard core fans would have been through with the book. JKR says:

"I am staggered that American newspapers have decided to publish purported spoilers in the form of reviews in complete disregard of the wishes of literally millions of readers, particularly children, who wanted to reach Harry’s final destination by themselves, in their own time. I am incredibly grateful to all those newspapers, booksellers and others who have chosen not to attempt to spoil Harry’s last adventure for fans."

No comments: