Sunday, August 5, 2007

Senior Tee Shirts

I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Every year the band seniors make matching tee shirts to wear on what we call 'Senior Day' at band camp. (I know what you're thinking; I've heard it a million times. "This one time at band camp...") Only eight of our fifteen seniors showed up, but we managed to have fun anyway. I forgot to get a picture of the finished shirts, but here are some photos of the creative process: Nicolle, Robin and I went to Wal Mart to get supplies. We sort of over estimated on how much paint we'd need, so I suppose we'll be making some returns. Better to be safe then sorry.

Our shirt design was really cool. On the front we painted a magic eight ball because we're the class of 2008.

On the back we drew the blue triangle revealing your fortune with a list of all the shows each senior performed in.

Normally waiting for paint to dry is considered boring, but not with this group. Making shirts was a really great opportunity for all of us to reflect on the past week at band camp, as well as the last three years and discuss what's ahead for us too (namely college).

This is Robin and I discussing the correct technique for articulating on the clarinet. I was trying to show her that I play with the sides of my tongue touching my top teeth and it's the tip that hits the reed, but it was difficult to show her exactly what I meant because I typically don't play with my mouth open wide enough for her to examine the position of my tongue.

Josh is sort of new at this whole marching band thing. Last fall, he filled in for a trumpet player who quit. I think he's happy with his spontaneous decision. I know the rest of us are glad to have him.

This is Morgun demonstrating his Taekwondo skills. Not really, he just uses his hands a lot when he tells stories. Although, I did learn today that he and Rachel did take Taekwondo when they were younger.

Here's one of my favorite people ever, Rachel, wondering if she should pursue revenge on Robin and I after our pathetic attempt to tackle her. We wouldn't stand a chance, even two against one.

Lucky for us, she managed to stay benevolent.

No comments: