Thursday, October 25, 2007

Who's Bram Stoker?

I didn't know Dracula wrote a book! Wait a minute. Isn't Dracula a fictitious character created by Bram Stoker? Poor Bram Stoker. He invented the vampire genre and at the same time wrote a classic that people will still read hundreds of years from now and he also created a character who is recognized world wide (even by people who have never heard of the book), but nobody ever remembers Bram Stoker's name. I wonder how long people will remember Neil Gaiman. As much as I enjoyed Princess Mononoke, I don't think it has the quite the same staying power as Dracula.

This question came from the "Are You Goth?" quiz I found while procrastinating my English homework. I never found out if I was goth or not though because you were required to give them your email address before they told you your score. I wasn't going to fall for that.

No comments: