Sunday, November 25, 2007

Confessions of a Slacker

I'm supposed to be finished with Crime and Punishment by tomorrow, but I'm not even half way through. I've been behind for a while now. It's funny, there are people who haven't even started the book and are doing better than me on quizzes. They read cliff notes. If I were smart, I'd read them too, but I didn't want to spoil the book for myself. I want to experience Crime and Punishment the way Dostoevsky intended. Unfortunately reading the actual book, though more rewarding, takes a lot more of my time. Time I don't have. Every time I'm assigned a book for school and I fall behind I vow to never again slack off and to, in the future, do whatever it takes to stay on top of my assignments. Hopefully forcing myself to read the cliff-notes version of such a good book is enough punishment for me to have learned my lesson. College is going to be difficult.

No comments: