Sunday, January 28, 2007

Borders Bargains

I spend a lot of money at Borders. It's really a bad habit of mine. Today, however, I went and they were having the best sales ever. I never find books there under five dollars, especially not hardcovers. I bought:

1.)Mysterious Stranger and Other Stories by Mark Twain $3.97 [Can you believe it? A hardcover book for $3.97! Mark Twain is one of my heroes. I read Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer completely on my own free will.]

2.)Jane Eyre $4.97 [Also a hardcover. I don't know much about Charlotte Brontë, but it was cheap so I figured why not?]

3.)Candida, Mrs. Warren's Profession, Man and Superman, and Ceasar and Cleopatra by George Bernard Shaw $6.95 [I read one of his pieces in English about his mom being cremated and I thought it was the coolest thing I'd read since Green Eggs and Ham.]

4.) Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom $4.99 [This one was paperback, but it was the nice paperback, not the mass market version. I loved Tuesdays with Morrie, so I'm sure I'll like this one too.]

5.) Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs $4.99 [This one was a hardcover. Burroughs's (whom I highly recommend) books prices have really gone up since the Running with Scissors movie was made, so this was exciting]

6.) Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner $27.95 [This was anything but a bargain, but I needed to get it for my English class. It better be good. I would have gone to the library, but I like to write in my books and I don't think the people who check it out in the future would appreciate my scribblings.]

Grand Total: $53.82

No comments: