Monday, March 12, 2007

Pullman, Paolini, and Pierce Interview Podcast

This podcast is a series of short interviews with three of the most popular fantasy authors, Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials), Chirstopher Paolni (Eragon), and Tamora Pierce (Circle of Magic books). Personally , I'm not a big Paolini fan and I've never read Pierce. My main reason for subscribing to the podcast was Philip Pullman's participation. The eposodes were very short. I actually listened to all eight shows in only one or two sittings. Most interview podcasts are created with just the interviewer and the person being questioned. This one, however, was unique because all three authors discussed their answers together and further questioned eachother. This is the first and only Pullman interview I've come across so, inevitably, I found it very informative. It was a great way to be introduced to the man behind the words I read in The Golden Compass. I'm sure Paolini's and Pierce's readers would feel the same way. This interview doesn't focus on the author's personal lives, like many podcasts do. It's focussed around the writing process of the authors so if your looking for a biography, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're looking for information about how your favorite books are composed, this podcast is perfect.

The Pullman, Paolini, and Pierce Interview Podcast can be downloaded for free directly from the iTunes store. Just enter "Pullman Paolini Pierce" in the "Search iTunes Store" box.

No comments: