Saturday, April 7, 2007

Five Ways to Kill a Man

I've never really liked poetry all that much, but lately a teacher of mine has been giving me some and I think like it now that I've been exposed to the good stuff. Five Ways to Kill a Man is my favorite of those few poems I've read. I don't want to put the whole thing up, but here are the first couple lines. You can go click on the link at the bottom if you want to read the whole thing. It's amazing.

Five Ways to Kill a Man
by Edwin Brock
"There are many cumbersome ways to kill a man.
You can make him carry a plank of wood
to the top of a hill and nail him to it.
To do this properly you require a crowd of people
wearing sandals, a cock that crows, a cloak
to dissect, a sponge, some vinegar and one
man to hammer the nails home..."

Five Ways to Kill a Man

-
The guy in the picture is Edwin Brock, if you didn't figure that one out on your own.

No comments: