Monday, June 25, 2007

Vampire Lit

To follow up my last review, here's a list of some other great vampire books I've read.

  1. Dracula: This one's sort of a given. I'm pretty sure this was the first vampire story ever published. Classics have a bad reputation for being difficult, but not this book. It seemed like something I would have picked up off of the newly released shelf, but the story is over 100 years old. I read this in my book club and really enjoyed it. (I actually read all but the last fifteen pages or so because I didn't quite finish before our meeting. I've always meant to finish it, but I haven't thought about it until just now. I should work on that.)
  2. The Historian: This is one of the longest books I've ever read, but, trust me, it's totally worth it. I read The Historian for my book club too. This book is part Da Vinci Code, part Dracula, part The Secret Life of Bees. It's a great collaboration of a bunch of genres: science fiction, mystery, historical fiction, and even a pinch (no more, no less) of chick lit.
  3. Interview with the Vampire: Great read. Full of details and history, as well as intriguing characters. You should go read my review for more insight.
  4. Twilight: I don't know how to express the love I have for this book. It's seriously a health hazard because everyone I know can't manage to put it down for anything, not even food. If I remember correctly, I blew off all my classes for a day or two to spend more time reading this book. Twilight is pure pleasure. It's romantic and funny and thrilling and a blast to read. Go buy it now!
  5. New Moon: This is the sequel to Twilight. It's just as amazing. I love it.

No comments: