Thursday, April 26, 2007

Church Garage Sales are Amazing!

I went to church last night to help set up for our annual spring garage sale and was shocked to find boxes and boxes full of books. I put off putting stickers on all the kids toys for a few minutes to do some browsing and I found fifteen books I wanted to take home. It ended up being only $9.00 for the whole bunch. (Paperbacks were $0.50 and hard covers were $1.00). Most of the books weren't in the best condition; they were old and smelly, but the words are still there. I really wish I would have had my camera last night because there was junk EVERYWHERE. When I walked inside, I thought, "Where did my church go?"

Here's what I bought...


  • The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
  • Anthem by Ayn Rand
  • The Chosen by Chaim Potok
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand
  • The Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman
  • A Separate Peace by John Knowles
  • One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
  • Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
  • Seraph on the Suwanee by Zora Neale Hurston
  • The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arther Conan Doyal
  • Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
  • Pandora by Anne Rice
  • The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
  • In her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner

I also bought these adorable little bird mugs for 10 cents each. (Our family is really into birds).

In other news, PHS Winter Drum Line is officially the 7th best drum line in the world! We went to Dayton last weekend for World Finals Competition. There were a lot of great groups there and it was really cool finally getting to compete with everybody. We also had about an hour long pillow fight on the bus ride home. (See my Myspace blog for details). That was fun too.

I got my ACT scores back from a couple weeks ago and my score went down two points from the first time I took it. How does that work?

I am also aware of the lack of reviews there's been lately. 100 Years of Solitude is a very long book. I was supposed to have it done Friday, but my teacher's changed the assignment so finishing the book is optional now. I do plan on finishing it, but I need a break. As much as I love the book, it gets too confusing to read in little spurts, which is all I've had time to do lately. I need to just sit down one day and read till there's no more pages. Until then, hello Interview with a Vampire!

No comments: